Monday, April 19, 2010

Drama mama

Is it possible that I, an english major, can over emphasize things, reading too much into it, and comming with obscure possibilities?
Mabye.
I blame lifetime. Yes, the television network.I think if they didn't have ALL their shows being about bad husbands, boyfriends, males in general,- we as women viewers might have a chance at happieness instead of looking for the bad in relationships all the time.
So, instead of being like, "Oh my gosh, he told me to shut up, I am emotionally abused!"
It could be like,"Ok, he has a headache, and I am probobly not helping by sitting here arguing."
Who knows what is real and what is made up in our heads.
A good quote I read in the book "Eat, Pray, Love" said this. The main character just got out of a serious relationship with one person, left the U.S. to find herself, and ran into this random guy she really liked. She asked the medicane man she was staying with if this guy was from heaven to rescue her, or from hell to torment her. He answered, "there is no heaven or hell. Just a different path to get there." meaning, life is going to be all how you take it. If you think you are emotionally abused, yeah, you are going to go through life thinking that you have a terrible life, and be miserable. But if you take it, one day at a time, one instance at a time, and keep in mind all the good stuff, you will find it worth living.

No comments: