Thursday, September 9, 2010

25 now

Well, it is now 12:19am, and I am offically 25 years old. It would be easy to say that I haven't accomplished much up until now, but in my life, I HAVE.
I have gotten married, been through one of the darkest points in my life, and survived. I have moved three times in the last 2 and a half years. (For a person not fond of change, that is a big one!)During those times, I have met and made friends with many people I still have close at heart, and am still in contact with. and have a job that alows me to transfer. I have raised two well behaved (most of the time!) adorable puppies. I have become comfortable in my faith, and finally taking the time to explore it.
AND . . .
Ready???
I found what I want to do. It took me a while, and yes, it would have been cool if I found it out WHILE I was actually in school, but hey, I don't think of it as time lost. At that point, at that time, I had no idea what I wanted to do. At that time, I thought the best option was flying half way around the world with the peace core, tending to sick people. (yeah yeah, laugh. It seemed like a really good idea at the time!
And the time I spent at my current job is just helping me be comfortable with confrontation and directing people.
Now, I know for a fact that I want to be an ESL (english as a second language) teacher. These poor kids get uprooted from their mexican homes by their parents who come to America, and put the kids in school without a clue how to speak any english. Thats where I come in! The freindly teacher that will help them on their way, teaching them english, school stuff, life. . . .
Ah, the glory.
In the time I spent looking back, I have just come to realize I have become an adult. (gasp!)
Married, have a job, have a home, have a family, (I count dogs as family), have a plan. Some how, I made it to this phase. Thank God and all the people who helped be a part of it and kept me on the right path and on my way.

No comments: