Saturday, March 13, 2010

Not quite ready to be a mom yet. . . much too fond of sleep

Last night, I couldn't get to sleep till 3 am! Atleast! That was the last time I looked at the clock, so it was probobly latter, who knows. The thing was, I was REALLY tiered last night. You would have thought I would have no trouble, right?
I went to bed around 9ish, and I just laid there. I kept thinking of everything that was changing, and then that took me back to bad places of the past, and I started thinking of everything. I turned the tv on, just so I could let my mind wander, and lo and behold, the cooking channel was on. Half an hour went by, and not only was I not tiered, but now I was hungry!
So I got up, walked around the house, ate a few oreos, and went back to bed. This time, I turned off the tv, and went with the harry potter approach. I have read harry potter, like, 500 times, so its not like I have no idea what is going to happen, but still, I stayed up for an hour plus reading!
Two down, and still restless!
Matt came up then, and by that time, I had popped 2 sleeping pills, but I think the manufacturer had them mixed up with caffeen pills, because now I had twitchy feet!
You know, when they suddenly itch for no apperent reason?
It was horrible.
It was about 2, and I left our bed to go to the spare bed, did a couple sets of jumpping jacks, and went to bed.
It took forever, but I finally made it!
Just before I drifted off, I noticed that it was 3 o clock, and thought, "wow, most moms would be up right now, trying to calm some baby."
Then and there, I decided that I need my sleep for a few more years.
Ahhhh, precious sleep.

No comments: