Thursday, December 18, 2008

Back to my roots, away from my husband.

Well, I am finally back in my home town! I am so excited. Being home for the holidays makes me realize how much more freedom I have here. I started to get depressed, thinking the reason I don't have freedom at home, is because someone takes it away from me.
But is it really him?
Or . . .
Is it the reality of growing up I hate? I hate having to cook, do dishes, work, and still be in a civil mood. (Whatever if it sounds bitter.)
It may be a little of each. I just view the "necisarry" things like, "uh, why can't you do it?" attitude. Then get mad if he doesn't. I want more time where I can do this, . .write, spend time to visit family, shop around, visit friends, have coffee, but then its like, "oh, I have to go to work to be able to do it all." Then I get bummed again.

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

Yeah, growing up sucks. *Sigh* I've just come to accept that my house is never going to be clean unless company's coming (and then it's only the kitchen and living room, and we shut the door on the other rooms to hide all the crap we're stashing there). I'm never in my life going to be "caught up" on laundry; there's nothing wrong with having a pile. I'm not a very good cook, but my Matt eats just about anything without complaint, the sweetie, so that's fine. I'd rather give up a few homemaker things right now in order to have a little more free time to write and read blogs and spend time with friends. I might feel differently down the line, but right now, these are my priorities, while I'm still young and can do all this stuff!

CALL ME! I work til stupid 11:30pm tomorrow (Friday), but I'm off at 4:15 Saturday. Want to come over about 7 on Sat? I'll call or text if I dont hear from you by Sat. morning. Yay, can't wait!