Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Eve and counting

We had gone back last weekend to celebrate Christmas, so tonight hardly feels like Christmas eve at all!! Matt and I still had fun though. We watched Wall-E, (not as bad as I thought,) went to church, where the people were really nice and introduced themselves, and drank eggnog. (I tried it hot . . .not so good.) We also opened one present from "santa" (a.k.a., my step-mother-in-law,) We got a blueberry disign serving plate and punch bowl. Perfect for spring!
Church was cool. It was laid out like a grandma and grandpa reading infront of the fire place, christmas trees on either side of them. They would say a sermon, and then the chior would join in and sing about the sermon. Ex. They were talking how the angels appeeared to the shepperds, and then the choir sang "Hark! The hearld angels sing." It was lovely. Then at the end, we all lit the candles, and the preacher talked about how almighty God gave himself in the most vunarable form: a baby. And that Jesus comes softly into our lives, not like, clouds parting, angels singing, ect.
It was cool except for these 10 kids, (all from the same mom!) kept yelling. Keep it down!! Enough with the holiday spirit!!!
Just kidding.


I thought that the holiday was going to be really though, but it isnt as bad as I thought. Yeah, I miss my family, my dog, and my one friend who still stays in touch with me, (thanks!) but like I said, it already felt like Christmas. Now, it just feels like a Matt and Megan holiday. . . an extra day to show eachother how much we love each other by wearing pjs all day, and eating till we get a stomach ache. :)

No comments: