Tuesday, April 28, 2009

i live in a cave

So, being a busy twenty-something year old, I do not watch the news as I regularly should. I watch my dvds of Girls Next Door, The Tudors, or just spend my time reading.
We do infact have cable, but there is so much junk on tv that I don't waste my time trying to watch or find something to watch on it.
So, it came as a shock to me when people were talking about the "swine epedemic" at work today. I asked what they were talking about, and they were like, "do you live in a cave? Where have you been?! Its been all over the news!"
Well, I must either live in a cave or be reeeeeeeeeeealy busy because I had no idea what they were talking about.
As it turns out, there is a flu going around that people are getting panicky about. Yes, hundreds may have died, but were they healthy? Old? Already sick?
It seems like we have a decent armogedon scare every coulple of years where a new virus is found, and people think it will wipe out humanity.
First it was the bird flu.
Then west nile virus.
Then, PEANUT BUTTER! DUN DUN DUUUUUUNJ!!!!!!
ok, just kidding on the last part, but seriously, new straines are descovered all the time. We can't keep getting worked up over all of them!

No comments: