Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bridal disaster

I got married last September, and my dress has been sealed, pressed, and never opened until this very evning.


I watched "Bridal Wars", and they were talking about the "perfect" dress, and how it was what made a wedding.


Well, those of you who were at my wedding know I didn't like my dress, but I was running out of time, and I had been to every dress store in my small local town. (there is about 4 shops there,)


I picked this one.



It looked ok, but I really didn't have that "oh my God, this is the dress!" feeling about it. I thought it made me look a bit heavy, and it wasn't the least of what I had in mind for a wedding dress.

However, after I watched the movie and listened to them talk about dresses and what not, I thought mabye I was too hard on my poor dress.

I went upstairs, undid all the fancy schmancy box do-ups, and out came my dress.

I tried to slip it over my head, but the corset was too tight. I loosened it up a bit, and tried again.

No luck, but I was sooooooooo close, I was convinced that I could squeeze my way up into it.

How wrong I was.

I was stuck in the middle! I couldn't see out of it, I couldn't see my feet, nothing! My arms were swaying above my head like I was praising the Lord, or something. I tried so hard to get out of it, because I didn't want to wake Matt, but after five minnutes of sweating, hustling and bustling, I gave in.

I opened our bedroom door and went in. Matt was sprawled out on the bed as I went over to his side.

"Hey, Matt? Honey?" I whispered. In truth, I was afraid of what he woud say.

And then it hit me.

It was sooooo funny! Here he is, trying to get a good nights rest, and up comes his bumbling wife in her wedding dress, half sticking out of it, begging to be released.

So, as he awoke, I asked him (as I was in histarics) if he could help me.

"Meg!" he groaned.

oh well. He pulled and pulled - I didn't think he would be able to get it - but it finally came off!

I really wanted to prove myself wrong about the dress, but I hate it more than ever now.

No comments: