Monday, June 22, 2009

Somebody, give me a direction

I believe that the Lord will give me a direction and a purpose in life, but I can't help but wonder what it will be, and will it be soon?
I have worked the same job now for eight years. I am comfortable there. But I always want to expand myself in some way.
Sometimes, I want to be an ESL teacher, so I study spanish hard for mabye a month, and then my ambition dissapears. I don't know what happens, but I suddenly am unmotivated.
Next, I wanted to be a physical instructor. I worked out, running every day, but that quickly got old as well.
Now, I just have no goals, no ambitions of what I want to do, and THAT is frustrating me.
I really like to have a goal, something to aim for, to give me hope.
Reading my diary the other night, I am amazed that just a few years ago, I wanted to travel the world, be in the peace core, and do all this crazy shit that I can't even imagine doing now.
I couldn't even do our Church's trip to Mexico for a week to build a house for a poor family. Forget about traveling the golbe, man!!! I'll stay home with my dog, cooking bannana bread, thank you very much!
I still would love to help people, but it seems the older I get, the more jaded I think people are. Harsh lessons in life, man. I really like to see the good in people, and with everyone I KNOW, I always view them for their best, but if a compleate stranger was walking towards me, I would think, eek! don't bother me!
I totally freak out, and assume the worst.
I am having trouble identifying what would be a good fit. I want a career, not just a job. I want something I am passonite about, something that I won't be ashamed of saying that I do for a living.
Help me, God, show me the light.

No comments: