Friday, June 5, 2009

My run in with the law

Ok, settle down. It isn''t as bad as you think. But I did runaway from a PD!!!
I was taking my two dogs for a walk to our neighborhood park. At the park, there is a dirt path that circles around an elevated basketball court.
I usually let my dogs go here. I can see if there is other people, dogs, ect., and since there wasn't anyone around, I let them go. I was walking after them, and I hear a truck come up behind me. It was one of the park matanince trucks. I really didn't think anything of it, but then he started to follow me up the hill to the basket ball court, where my dogs were waiting for me.
Once I got on top of the basketball court, he turned around, and promptly left.
Riiight. Ok, whatever. Weirdo.
I am running around with my dogs, having a good ol time, then, . . . not five minnutes latter, a police car pulls up.
Since I am the only one here, and it is illegal for a dog to be off leash, the only assumption left was he was there for yours truly.
He sat there, watching and waiting.
Inturuption for just a minnute.
The park that I was at, from the front, it only looks like you can come up and down one way. The dirt path goes up to the court, and all else is surrounded by tall grass and weeds.
However, what I knew and the cop did not, that is if you trace along the fenced in park, there is a back way that exits out onto the street.
I took the dogs down that path, and man, I was running!!!
I heard seirnes behind me and I speed up.
I darted up the closest side streets, and ran all the way to my house.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is my reble story.

No comments: