Thursday, February 4, 2010

God bless mom. I wouldn't be here otherwise

Mothers are a blessing from God. Truely. I spent 77 minutes talkiing to her last night, and I went from feeling really bad and sorry for myself to accepting things and willing to move on with life.
One conversation was particularly moving.
I told her "I am a failure in life! I have done nothing with it so far!!"
She retorted, "now hang on a sec, if your a failure, that means I am a failure! What are you trying to say here?!"
"Huh? What are you TALKING about? Your not a failure!"
"Everyone knows it is the mothers falt."
"What?! No . . "
"Yes sir! It all comes back to how you are raised. So you are goign to tell me that I was a failure as a mother and failed in raising you?"
"Of coarse not."
She continued on her rant abot how i thought she was a bad mother, (joking), and finally I said, "Mom, you know what? I am a graduate from college, have a job, got married before the national average, so I think by all means I am succeeding"
"See, there you go."
"But I don't have the job I want, I am going to school for who knows what, and my marriage is in shambles!"
"No its not."
"I mean, what am I going to do with my life? I have no idea what i am good for!"
"Well, I am not good for anything, am I wasting my life?"
"No" Then I thoought abot it. "You are a great mom. The best. That is what you were supposed to do."
"Awww. Well see, that is what you will be great at being a mom."
"No I wont! I will have horrible, unrully kids!"
"Nah. You'll whip them into shape."
Then I went on to ask what if they have deformaties, down syndrome, or anything else. I was freaking out, to say the least.
"You can never help that. There is nothing you can do to prevent it."
Ture.
Mom always speaks the truth.
Like when I said everything about my marriage was unsure. She said, no, he truely loves me me, he wont ever hurt me again, and we will have a happy marraige if I can learn to get past it.
I know she is rigt. She is the reason I stayed in this marriage. She is the reason I keep going. She is what gives me the strength to live day after day, to keep going.
I asked her who cheers her up.
"I don't know." She said. "I guess I cheer myself up."

No comments: