Monday, May 24, 2010

South Carolina, Day 1, Part 2

Going to bed now! Although we didn't go to the Civil War museum, I had a great day. We went shopping at tons of stores, had a great dinner, and it was fun just to hang out with the family and NOT travel. It was kind of like a catch-your-breath day.
When we went shopping, we went to a store called the "Piggly Wiggely". Not making this up. It is like a King Soopers, or City Market. It was so funny. I took a picture of it. There is a big store in town, and a little store on the edge. The locals refer to these as the "Big Pig" and the "Little Pig". Sooo funny.
After that, Matt took me bathing suit shopping. He picked out all these little binknis for me to try on, and insisted that we got one. Dianne even gave us some "fun" money, so we decided to spend it on that.
I must have tried on 50 + bathingsuits today!
I found one both he and I liked, but they didn't have my size in the bottoms. Bummer. But I still had a blast!
When we were at a store, this lady, who I didn't know, turned to me and asked, "Y;all been to old navy? I heard they were hav'n a sale."
It was so funny that people are so un-shy here. Everyone is so nice, it is increadible. I think that is what made it fun. Everyone acted like they have known you for years.
For dinner, we had samon, which I normally don't like, but this time it was good. Also, we had twice baked potatos, minus the cheese, and a fancy salad.
Dessert? Pecan Pie.
They sure know how to eat down here in the south!
Forget the bikini. If I keep eating, I will have to go to Murtle Beach in a one peice.

No comments: