Monday, May 24, 2010

South Carolina, Day 1

Just got in last night. Phew! It was a long haul. It wouldn't have been so bad, but we had a layover in Chicago for 4 hours. I think that I walked the terminal a couple hundred times.
When we did get picked up, it was sooooo humid. It felt like when you take a shower, and get out and its all steamy and warm. Almost muggy.
Because there is no airport in SC, (I know, right!) we flew into North Carolina. We stopped there for dinner at an itallian place, and it was fancy!!! Also, it was the only resturant open. I guess the South is very set on having Sundays off. It is great until you want to go somewhere. Our waiter sounded like he was straight from Forest Gump. I couldn't stop smilling. We had some calamari for apitizers, and stuffed crab ravioli for dinner. (By the way, Dad, calamari are NOT supposed to be chewy. When they are fresh, they are just a little more dense than shrimp.)
When we left, we were driving home, and the trees were so green! Not only were they those huge, green, and leafy, but they had vines covering the trunk, so you couln't even see any brown!!

This morning, I went jogging, and I was about a mile in, and soooooo sticky. By the time I got back, I was soaked. A shower didn't help much, but now, 4 hours latter, I finally feel dry.

We are off to the civil war museum, or as they say in the south, the war for southern independence!

No comments: