Thursday, May 27, 2010

South Carolina, Day 3

Myrtle Beach again! Except we were a little sunburned, so we didn't go to the actuall beach, just around it. And we didn't wake up till 10, so we didn't get there till noon. :)
Our big thing we did was going to a seafood buffet! I vowed to try everything, from blackened samon, to mussles, to stuffed deviled crab. I even had shrimp and grits, which, from our host, is a real southern specalty. I only stopped when I had a BAD salad. It was supposed to be a coconut shrimp salad, but I bit down, and it tasted like paint. "Ok," I said, "just swallow and move on." But one more bite almost did me in for an up-cuck. I spit it out into my napkin, and moved on to cake. I couldn't do anymore seafood. Even now it makes me sick. Yuck.
One thing I will say thoughh, unlimited crab legs were awsome! And their hush puppies were to die for! They were kind of sweet to begin with, and then they had this honey butter that you dipped them into. yuummmmmmm.
Needing to burn off some crab calories, we went and played minerature golf. If you ever drive "the strip" on myrtle beach, you will know there is a minerature golf course every block. So we stopped in and played a few games. It was so pretty. It was like we were in hawaii. All the flowers everywhere, vines growning over all the rocks, palm trees, it was great. Every hole was secluded, and was just really relaxing to do.
After a bit more shopping, we went back to the acyuall beach. It was cloudy, and it was a full moon, and it was so beautiful just reflecting off the waves of the ocean. I have never seen anything so peaceful and beautiful as the moonlight reflecting off the ocean, as I walked barefoot through the sand.

No comments: