Tuesday, January 20, 2009

There are some who are born leaders, and then there is me . .

Ok, I think I am a pretty cool boss. I only write people up who really don't know how to work. My other leader in the store however, writes people up for EVERYTHING. She wrote someone up for having a bad tone with her. Oh brother. I swear, every store I work at has a Hitler.
Anyway, my boss thinks she is the shit, and said that my team walks all over me, and they don't respect me, ect ect ect.
Whatever.
Then, she said I needed to write someone up every day, otherwise, I would be on my way out!!!
Why doesn't she do something?
Why does everyone always take the side of the mean, intimidating person, and not stand up for the humbler, laid back people?
As Machivelli said, "It is better to be feared than loved," but why do I have to change? If there is already someone marching around, writing everyone up, why should I do it too, thus making everyone under us miserable?
Seriously, people are afraid of her. No one talks to her, and she spends her whole day following people around, trying to catch them doing something.
But my bosses love her!
And every time the see ME, they say, "Be more couragous, Megan," "You can't be everyone's best friend, Megan,"
lalala
Ok, people respect me, and they do the work that I ask BECAUSE I am nice, and they WANT to do it, not because they are afraid they are going to get fired.
I do need to keep my job. So I am forced to write people up for a while, but I won't be hated. That would make not only me miserable, but the people that I supervise would also be miserable. What happened to being a fun place to work?!>? I know I am not a born leader, but I don't think I am too shabby either.

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

Your bosses are lame-os, but you already knew that. *Sigh* Go ahead and write people up now and then if you HAVE to, but tell them, "I'm really sorry, but I have to do this because MY bosses are making me. If it was up to me, I wouldn't. Thanks." And hopefully that will let people still like you, but appease your bosses. Even though it's NOT FAIR! I'm sure they're all just jealous that people actually LIKE you.

I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU! I can't wait to see you on Saturday! I'll call you probably Thursday (if I don't talk to you before then) to let you know plans, such as they are. If I need dropped off or picked up, etc. etc. YAY!