Thursday, January 29, 2009

Huzzah for comfy quilt and good friends



So, after being agitated for more than a couple of months, I decided to go out and buy myself a NEW sewing machine. Mine was from the 70's. Don't get me wrong, Im thankful to my grandma for giving it to me, but it was soooo tempermental, and didn't really work without you throwing whatever you are working on to the floor, and crying. It was very sinster.

I now have a brand new, Singer, 65 dollar machine!

Ok, go ahead and "OOOH, AWWWW!"

When I got it, I was way excited, but I had no idea what-so-ever on how to thread it. Lucky for me, Heather, the most crafty cool person I know, was in town and stopped by. Lucker yet, she knew exactly how to thread it, and saved me many hair-ripping-out-hours.

What was my first project? My first memorial to success?



A QUILT FOR MY BABY!!! SQUIRT!!!!


Isn't it gorgeous!?!?! It is brown poka dots, with yellow swirly fabric. I figure since Squirt gets muddy quite often, a brownish yellow was my best bet on not having to wash it frequently.


For those of you who have no idea who Squirt is, he is a little Schnauzer, and he gets shaved alot, so he NEEDS a quit to keep him cozy!!!






No comments: