Sunday, February 15, 2009

Gifts, but no glory.

Being the not-so-patient people we are, Matt and I decided to open our presents on the 13, rather than on actual Valentines Day. I got him a cot for when we go camping, (he doesn't like to sleep on the ground.) and he got me a cute little i-pod! It is purple, my all-time favorite color, and soooooooo tiny!





















Anyway, that was Friday night, and Matt had alot of homework, so we said we would try everything out the next morning.

So, flash to the 14th, (i.e. the next morning) and we had slept till 10. I got up and started making my heart shaped cup cakes. They failed miesrably. Since it was cylocone, I thought we didn't need to put any grease in the bottom of the pan, so my first batch of cakes had no bottoms. The next batch, I forgot about, so while they came out of the pan ok, they were rock hard and burnt. My 3rd, and last attempt, I finally got them right. Huzzah!!!

Finally, things start going right!

Yeah right.

I next attempted to make frosting.

For those of you who will be attempting frosting in the future, use POWDERED sugar!!! I used regular, b/c the recipie didn't specify, and ended up with waaay grainy frosting.

The cupcakes failed.

Pooh.
Then, Matt wanted to help me download some songs on my i-pod. I had no idea what to do because I had never had one, and Matt got impatient, which made me mad/depressed, which made me hat the present.
It was a bad, bad day.
Editors note:
After a good night sleep, I like my i-pod again. :)

No comments: