Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's love got to do with it?

Ok, Valentines Day comming up, I can't help but think of romance blossoming in the air. Anyone who knows me knows I am a total romantic, no matter what happens to me. I have had my ups and downs in relationships, as everyone has had. However, what is with the bitterness towards love? Have people given up on it compleatly, convinced that there is no happy ending? In a world where we can travel to Europe, become an olympic swimmer, and be whoever we want to be, has it put a stopper on the old-fashioned romance? Is it too much to expect that people CAN work things out, that they CAN comprimise, that they CAN forgive? Are we being raised to think that we are supirior, and anyone who disagrees with us isn't worth the time of day?
My answer; yes.
I was lucky enough to find a guy, and though we have problems, we always have found a way to work them out. However, everyone I have seemed to talk to is soooo anti-valentines! One girl, (single,) calls it "Single awarness day".
Tis true, one has to have a partner to find this day "romantic," but even so, it is nice to have something to celebrate!
People, put your bitterness asside, just love LOVE, and enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

I HATE it when people call V-Day "Singles Awareness Day." SUCK IT UP! Singleness is just one state of being, like Dating or Married. You're not less valued or anything for not having a significant other. SUCK IT UP and let the rest of us enjoy our holiday, please!

Was it really just a year ago that we were having the Valentine's/Pirates Party in your little apartment? I found the leftover pink doilies yesterday and that reminded me. :)