Sunday, August 29, 2010

The past few weeks in pictures

About 2 weeks ago, our buddy Ray and his friend Denver drove down here from Colorado. It was so good to see them! The puppies were happy too!!!








We all went out to eat at a chicken wings place, where Matt and Denver entered and won the right to be on the "Wall of Flame". I have never seen anyone sweat that much! They had to eat 25 hot hot hot chicken wings, and keep it down. They both did it, but they felt reeeeeeealy sick afterwards! Matt speued in the parking lot, (where two unfortunate men stepped in it as we were driving away,) and Denver passed out on our wooden floor. Ouch!



They were all gone 'n goofy that night!



My family has been so great! They send me little things to let me know they're thinking of me. Stamps, return lables, pictures, postcards, and other fun things! The other week, my little sis made me some earings! They are red, for work, so I can be "stylish". :)



Ive been really into reading fairy tales lately. They are just a great way to unwind and reminds you of when you are a kid. Here I checked out fairy tales from across the world, and many of the traditional ones that we know, (snow white, cinderella, beauty and the beast,) came from european countries, such as Germany and France. However, they are told a bit more grotesquely. (Cinderella's sisters saw off parts of their feet to get the slipper to fit!



And just yesterday, Matt and I went to the "fancy" part of austin. There were mansion-type houses, and they were all around 700,00. A house like that in Colorado would be alteast 1.5 or so. They were so pretty! And even with a lake view. woo hoo!
We hiked around the lake for a bit, then we went home. It was under 100 degrees, so we counted our blessings!




Last but not least, I got a hair cut. Nothing drastic, but I added a few more layers around my face, and cut about an inch off. Its a bit more curly now. Not much, but it made me happy! :)

No comments: