Monday, August 16, 2010

What's love got to do with it?

Turns out, a lot.
I just witnessed the most beautiful sunset.
It had just rained this afternoon, and the clouds were still overhead, some scattered and skinny, but most of them were so puffy, they seemed to take up the entire sky. Its like when you microwave marshmallows and they get really big but still have those soft formations of their outer perimeter.
Because of the clouds, there was no direct sunlight, just what little light streamed through the clouds, and reflected off neighboring ones. The sky was such a deep blue, it looked like the ocean had decided to go to the sky instead of the earth.
Then, sunset.
Pinks and purples, blues, and when you looked at the sun, it was a magnificent orb of orange fire. The earth seemed illuminated. I looked up at the brilliance of the sky and its oray of colors, and then looked back down to survay the earth around me.
It was like when you are in bed and only have a lamp on for reading. It was that soft glow that you could still see everything, but everything seemed softer some how.
I wish I had my camera, but I know I wouldn't have been able to capture it anyway. There was just too much.
In the end walking home, Matt and I held hands and said how beautiful it was.
The thing is, it is so much more beautiful if you have someone to share it with.

No comments: