Wednesday, January 27, 2010

When you are pushed against a wall, you see how hard you can come back.

This is what my manager told me after we met today. I told her I was feeling lost. I didn't know what I wanted in my personal life, (should I stay? Should I go? Am I wasting my time here? Is he going to leave me?) and I didn't know what I wanted to do for a profession. Teach, you get summers, holidays, and weekends off. However, you have to jump through alot of bridges, and anoying kids (and equally anoying parents). I was feeling alot of draw back in my current job situation. I felt like I was going backwards with my progress. Last September, and all though the holidays, I was a kick ass boss. I coached, I confronted, I didn't have any problem with it. Lately, I have been like, "I don't care if you don't work. I just dont feel like getting into it."
I told Kelly this, and she said,
You know, when Treva was gone, you stepped up. You created an alyance with Sue to get the job done, you delegated tasks, and did coachings with confidence.
In September, when Matt left and came back, you had to make a dissision.
It is no coincedence that these two mirror each other. When you are pushed against the wall, and have to make a dissision, you feel much more confident because you know that YOU are the one who made it. You thrive when it seems like the perfect time to fail.

Yay me!

Looking back on it, it was a really strong growing part in my life. I no longer stay awake at night caring what someone thinks of me, (although I do still lie awake not knowing for certin that I am with the lomyl)and I feel like I have taken my first step toward being an adult.

No comments: